Now that Halloween costuming foolishness is over and no longer taking up my studio space, I can finally get back to my projects. Yesterday I put a good couple of hours into working on my disappearing nine patch – I sewed the half-units together and pressed open all the seams so I’ll be ready to finish assembling them this evening.
Thing I am proud of: I am getting pretty good at matching points. I only had a couple last night that weren’t pretty, and it’s nice to see progress in that area, since I’ve been struggling with it for a while.
Thing I am worried about: I’m worried about the arrangement of the prints and contrast between all the pieces. I sewed all these pieces together without much forthought, and I know it is going to wind up biting me in the end.
After I pressed all of these, I wants a change of pace, so I even sewed up a bunch of HST’s for my pinwheel project – so I got a lot of work done!